Thursday, December 08, 2005

Polls and life ....

I wish blogspot had polls.... I have an idea for a couple of polls... For instance:

Do you like blogs that:
A. Are fun loving and goofy
B. Are serious and deal with real issues (in other words, tell about what is really going on in a person's life)
C. Have a good mixture of both


So it's been awhile since I've posted a long blog entry. I've been very busy but also haven't felt much like sharing what's been going on. I've realized more and more lately how I sometimes feel very alone, despite being around a lot of people. Strange how that can happen, isn't it? There are times I miss having that best friend, that confidant and then I realize that in a way, that means I'm looking for someone to fill the gap that the Lord is supposed to fill. But where is the line drawn? Can I not have a real life, flesh and blood confidant AND have the Lord? Or is the overwhelming desire to have that one person to talk to a sign that I am not going to the Lord in the first place?

This Christian life can sometimes be challenging. I find it difficult to go out and socialize because I want to really just go home and hide. I'm not sure I feel like I can often really say how I'm feeling and what is going on in my heart and head. So I smile. And then all it takes is my housemate and I talking about something insignificant and before I know it, I'm crying. I thought I was dealing with things well. Apparently not.

Today, though, seems to be a better day. I don't feel as though the world will end and I don't feel as though I'll be struck down for failure. I don't feel as hopeless. Instead, I feel hopeful. The sunshine helps, I'm sure. :)

God's not through with me yet. I thank Him for His mercy and compassion for without Him, I should surely die; life would not be worth living. The more the time goes by and I feel so keenly when I am not right with Him, I realize much that is true and I can so very much understand what King David said in the Psalms when he spoke of his bones wasting away.

Ok, enough of that. Time to go to lunch and enjoy the sunshine. God is good. All the time. No matter what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home