Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Food Drive -- The need for faith and the banishment of unbelief

I am being SO challenged right now! I feel that I am in a battle... I see it and know it. Its a battle of faith and tearing down unbelief. Am I winning?

Last year we had 10 stores for the food drive. This year we have 8 stores, with 3 new home groups. I was still very optimistic. One home group per each store entrance. And as we are doing our confirmation calls this week, I get word that one store is dropping us to one entrance. Ok, that's 13 entrances. We can do that. Oh, and we are sharing another entrance for a different store. Will the drop never end? I feel my heart sinking... Lord, help me to have faith and trust in you! "I do believe; help me ovecome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)

There have been many words to expect increase -- 100 fold. Last week was a hard week for me in this. But Marcy's word Sunday made me stand up anew and proclaim "YES!" Of course, I should know and come to expect these types of battles. I've just never had them before with regards to the food drive. I've never felt such warfare. Why now? Phase Two.

I know this just gives a platform for God to display HIS GLORY (isn't that what Sunday was about??! Hello, Stephanie! Get with it!) but I also see two other things the Lord is dealing with in me. First, am I trusting in Him. Secondly, do I believe this has to do with me, or is this all His? The more I see myself get anxious the more I hear Him say "relax.... I think I can do this". Sort of like that cute little thing (I don't remember it word for word) that says "Hello, this is God. I won't be needing your help today." The other thing is the more I try to get my hands in it, the more He is saying that in and of myself I am worthless. I kept hearing that word "you are nothing"... and I kept saying that in worship. "Without you, I am nothing". Wow, there is a huge range of emotions (don't trust emotions! [I'm trying not to!]) and thoughts concerning this.

Is there anyone else praying for food drive? REALLY interceding? Does anyone else feel this burden (positive burden) about the food drive? I hope so! Nothing is done except on a foundation of prayer.

Lord, help me this week! I need you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home