Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The big announcment

Yesterday was a big day for me. I went to announce to Diana, Sharon, and Grant – my other full time coworkers – that I was leaving Sylvan Learning Center. Initially Sharon and Diana and I were eating lunch and I asked Grant to join us. Patrick (the owner) and Sue (my supervisor) had joined our group. Sharon’s first comment was “today is Tuesday, right?” Usually the only time all of us are together like that is for our weekly staff meeting. When I said I had news, Diana’s face lit up thinking I was about to announce that I was courting. Later Sharon said "well, I knew it wasn't that she was pregnant” to which Diana said, "Stephanie, I'd like you to know that you being pregnant NEVER crossed my mind” and then Sharon laughed and said that since I already ruled out courtship and of course I couldn't be pregnant (she couldn't figure out what my news could be). It was a bittersweet time. But I’m looking forward to what is on the horizon. There will be hardships, I’m sure. Things will be different with people, going from education to medical, the change in finances and relationships, but I know this is the will of the Lord. For three years it was the desire of my heart to work for Dr. Frank and for three years he and Rita were watching me and waiting. The timing of the Lord is perfect. I have to learn to trust it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home